Although my website development service has a low pricing, it doesn't mean I build for you a website which is difficult to use and manage. If you let me buy a hosting for you, I already help you setup sending email. However if you accidently change the configuration I have done for you and your website can't send email any more. Here is a tutorial to re-configure Grav's Email plugin to send email via SMTP.
I always install Grav's Admin plugin to give you a back-end (administration area) where you can manage the site. With Admin plugin, you can manage your Grav website easily, including configuring email.
When I deliver your website to you, I send you an email with the link to your administration area and SMTP info which is used to send email.
Access Grav administration area's link and login, click on "Plugin" from the left menu.
Click on "Email" plugin to open its configuration page.
You will see have the following options to configure the plugin:
- Mail Engine: Choose "SMTP".
- Content type: Choose "HTML".
- Email from: Enter your name or your business name.
- Email from name: Enter your email address or your business email address.
- Email to: Enter your name or your business name.
- Email to name: Enter your email address or your business email address.
- Path to sendmail: You can leave this field.
- Debug: Set to "Disabled".
For the following options:
- SMTP server
- SMTP port
- SMTP encryption
- SMTP login name
- SMTP password
You enter the values which are in the email I have sent to you.
Click on the "Save" button at the top right corner of the page to save and apply the new configuration.
You have lost the email I have sent you, or you have tried but emails still can't be delivered? Don't hesitate to contact me, I will help you configure everything!